Thursday, May 1, 2008

3 Months In

Today is May 1st. I started "The Beard Growth Project" the 1st of February. This beard of mine is now officially 3 months old. I'm not sure if that can be recalculated into beard-years . . . you know, like dog-years. This is, by far, the longest stint of facial hair growth I've had. In the past, my beard would get about a month and a half old before it fell prey to my electric shavers.

Now, I can't guarantee that this beard will survive to see June. It might. But I'm a little uncertain. There's pressure from my better half to get rid of it, or at least trim it down to a goatee. I'd lose all that awesome mutton-chop'y-ness I've got going on right now. Also, people at work are starting to look at me funny. That's a minor concern though. I don't care much for what they think. But when the Site Lead raises an eyebrow as I walk up to receive an Award of Excellence, I get a little antsy.

Anywho . . . "The Beard Growth Project" will keep fighting the good fight until it can no longer do so. Signing out for now. See you in a couple of days.

No comments: