Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Still Relaxing, Beard Still Growing

This vacation that I'm currently in is just what I needed. I work too damn hard, and I never enjoy the fruits of my effort. So, just sitting back, sleeping in (until 9 AM . . . whoa crazy!) and not having to do anything is just bliss for me. My wife and I have been going around spending money lately, looking at stuff that we need, and also getting some paperwork together for my immigration appointment on Friday. She was stressing about not knowing where her birth certificate was, but she found it today. We also went through some ridiculously easy study questions because they might just decide to give me the test when I go, rather than wait for another appointment. I swear, the only way one could fuck up this test is if, right before the appointment, you suffered a blow to head and developed selective amnesia. It's that easy.

As for beard-related stuff, the subject of "The Beard Growth Project" is still doing well. I'm probably not going to go through with the trimming of the goatee and the shaving of the sideburns. I've grown attached to them, and they're starting to grow on my wife (pun slightly intended). The sideburns kind of do what they want though. The facial hair on the right side of my face just sticks out in random directions while the facial hair on the left side of my face points down like it should. Also, the right side of my face grows hair faster than the left side. It's weird. In non-beard related, but right-bodied specific, random factoid . . . my right foot is actually just slightly larger than my left foot. And, I'm right-handed. So, I'm speculating (with all of these facts), that the right side of my body is the actual dominant portion of me.

But, enough about that. My wife and I are headed out, possibly to spend more money. We need to hit up a custom furniture store in Pasadena and the Old Navy. I need me some shorts for the summer.

No comments: